apricot, honey & mustard glazed ham
prep time: 10min
cooking time: 1.15 hrs
1 cup apricot jam
1/4 cup honey
3 tbsp dijon mustard
1/2 tsp allspice
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
pinch black pepper
glaze of choice
sherwood rd whole leg ham
1. in a mixing bowl combine all ingredients.
2. store in an airtight container in refrigerator until ready to glaze over ham or chosen
1. preheat oven to 180°c. using a sharp knife cut the skin around the bony joint of the ham. run your knife under the skin to allow your fingers to run between the skin and the fat. gently lift skin off by running fingers under the skin to leave fat intact.
2. use a sharp knife to score the fat in a diamond pattern. be careful not to cut through to the organic grass fed meat.
3. pierce a whole clove into each diamond.
4. brush over ham with glaze and bake for 1 hour. brush with additional glaze every 20 minutes for best results. remove from oven and allow to rest for 15 minutes before carving.
recipe by casey-lee lyons from live love nourish