balsamic pork belly
prep time: 20min
cooking time: 4hrs
this recipe is free from gluten, grains, dairy and refined sugar
1-1.3kg free-range pork belly, bone-in
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar + extra 1/4 cup
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp salt
1. preheat oven to 140°C.
2. in a bowl mix the 1/4 cup vinegar, cinnamon, onion,
garlic & salt.
3. add the pork belly to the vinegar mix and coat well.
4. transfer into a baking paper-lined tray and cover with foil.
5. bake for 2.5hrs covered then uncover and bake for
another 1 hr.
6. add the extra 1/4 cup balsamic and mix well in the tray.
increase to 200°C for 15 minutes then get ready to dig in.
recipe by wellness coach Shan Cooper from My Food Religion