bbq beef ribs
cooking time: 5hrs
this recipe is free from gluten, dairy and sugar.
1kg certified organic/grass-fed beef ribs
3 tsp smoked paprika
2 tsp dried oregano
good quality salt
3/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
170g tomato paste
2 tbsp wholegrain mustard
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
2 garlic cloves, mixed
1/2 tsp allspice
1/4 tsp ground cardamom
1. rub ribs with paprika and oregano. refrigerate for 2 hours (optional).
2. pre-heat oven to 140°c. 3. place onto a lined baking tray in a single layer. season with salt. cover tightly with foil.
4. cook for 4.5 - 5 hours or until meat is tender and falls off the bone.
5. meanwhile prepare sauce, combine remaining ingredients in a saucepan and simmer for 5 minutes.
6. baste ribs with sauce and cook for further 15 minutes or until caramelised.
recipe by casey-lee from live love nourish