beef ribs with kimchi slaw
prep time: 20min
cooking time: 3.5hrs
this recipe is free from gluten, dairy and sugar.
1/2 red cabbage, shredded
1/2 green cabbage, shredded
1 cup kimchi, sauerkraut or other fermented veggies
1 cup mayo (i used GevityRx)
2 apples, chopped into sticks
3 spring onion, finely sliced optional:
1/2 fennel, finely sliced
season with salt and pepper as desired
seasoning for ribs
1 tsp garlic powder
2 tbs smoked paprika
2 tbs sumac
1/8 - 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tbs dried oregano
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 tsp salt
2kg beef ribs
3 tbs seasoning above
3 tbs coconut aminos/tamari/soy sauce
1. for the slaw, mix all together in a big bowl and set aside ready to serve.
2. preheat oven to 250°C and line a large baking tray with baking paper.
3. add seasoning and aminos to a large bowl and coat the ribs before placing into the baking tray in a single layer, pour over any extra spice mix.
4. cover tightly with foil and bake on 250°C for 15 mins then reduce to 140°C for 3 hrs.
5. remove from oven, remove foil and place on a serving tray. spoon over any of the tray juices before serving.