beef rump cap
prep time: 10min
cooking time: 1hr
1-2 kg certified organic rump cap
1 tbs cooking fat (olive oil/butter/coconut oil)
1 cup tightly packed parsley, finely chopped
3 cloves garlic, crushed
2 tbs fresh oregano, finely chopped
1/2 cup olive oil
3 tbs red wine vinegar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 chopped chilli, optional
1. preheat over to 150c.
2. heat a large frying pan over a medium heat. add the cooking fat.
3. season the cap (fat layer) of your rump well with salt and rub it in.
4. place the rump fat side down into the frying pan and turn the heat down to low/med. we are trying to render down this fat. cook for about 10 mins fat side down then flip and use the fat in the pan to baste the rump as it continues to cook for another 5 mins.
5. transfer to a baking dish, pour the rendered fat on top and place in the oven for 15mins (you may need longer if your rump cap is super thick.)
6. remove from the oven and allow to rest for at least 10-15 mins before slicing thinly.
7. while you are waiting you can add all the remaining ingredients to a bowl and mix well. once sliced you can spoon your chimichurri over the meat then serve.
recipe by wellness coach Shan Cooper from My Food Religion