coconut beef curry
prep time: 10min
cooking time: 1.5hrs
this recipe is free from gluten, dairy and sugar.
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 brown onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, crushed
2 tsp curry powder (keens)
1 1/2 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp garam masala
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp cardamom
pinch chilli powder (to liking)
1kg organic beef chuck (cut into 2-3 cm cubes)
2 x 270mL canned coconut milk (recommended brand, Ayam)
4 cups riced/grated cauliflower
fresh coriander to serve
fresh lime wedges to
1. in a large heavy-based saucepan, heat coconut oil and sauté onions for 2 minutes over medium heat until soft.
2. add garlic and spices. stir over low-med heat for 1-2 minutes or until fragrant.
3. add beef and brown for 2-3 minutes.
4. add coconut milk and bring to a simmer. cover and simmer for 1 - 1.5 hours or until meat is tender.
5. meanwhile, heat extra coconut oil in a large, deep frying pan and add riced cauliflower with 1 tbsp water, stir over medium heat until soft.
6. check curry for seasoning and adjust by adding extra salt if needed.
7. serve cauliflower rice and curry into serving bowls. top with fresh coriander and lime wedges and fresh chilli for freshness.