organic chicken & waldorf salad sandwich
prep time: 10min
500g organic chicken breast @sherwoodrdorganicmeats
8 slices gluten-free bread
½ cup celery, sliced
½ cup walnuts, chopped
3-4 tbsp gevity mayo
1 lemon, juiced
¼ cup dill
2 tsp salt
2 tsp white pepper
1. bring a pot of water to a boil
2. add in the chicken, placing the lid back on immediately. you want to ensure the water covers the chicken completely
3. remove the pot from the heat and let it sit for 30 minutes before removing the chicken from the water. this will ensure the chicken is cooked perfectly without drying it out
4. shred the chicken and add to a mixing bowl with the celery, walnuts, mayo, lemon, dill, salt and pepper.
5. mix well until completely combined
6. generously spoon the filling onto your freshly sliced bread and enjoy!
for a grain-free option, boil potatoes and add them to the filling to make a creamy potato salad.
this is perfect for a side dish at any dinner party or bbq.
will last for up to 3 days in the fridge
recipe by @katiemmartin_