pesto & cranberry rolled turkey
prep time: 10min
cooking time: 1hr
this recipe is free from gluten, dairy and sugar.
2kg boned turkey breast
3 slices (day old if possible) gluten-free or paleo-friendly bread
1/2 cup pesto
1/2 cup dried cranberries
extra virgin olive oil
1. pre-heat oven to 180’C.
2. in a mixing bowl break bread into large rough crumbs. add pesto and cranberries and roughly mix. set aside.
3. place turkey breast onto a lined bench surface and cover with baking paper.
4. using a meat mallet or rolling pin, flatten turkey to create a larger surface area approx 2cm thick. remove cover.
5. spread filling over the surface of turkey breast, not too close to the edge.
6. use the baking paper underneath to help guide you to roll the turkey up from the long side. tuck in the ends.
7. use kitchen twine to tie the rolled turkey in approx 4cm intervals.
8. place onto a baking tray and lightly spray/brush with olive oil.
9. cook in the oven for 45 - 55 minutes or until turkey is cooked through.
10. remove twine. cover loosely with foil and allow to rest for 15 mins before carving.
add 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts or chopped macadamia nuts for extra texture