prep time: 10min
cooking time: 10 min
Extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil
1. remove the steaks from the fridge at least 45 minutes before cooking to allow them to come to room temperature.
2. drizzle 1 tablespoon per steak of good quality extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil over the steaks. season evenly and generously with salt and pepper.
3. heat a heavy bottom pan (ideally a cast iron pan) over a high heat for 2 minutes.
4. place the steaks in and let cook for 2-3 minutes each side.
5. use tongs to handle the steak while you cook the fatty edge. this will create a nice crispy edge which makes for better eating.
6. bring the heat down to medium and cook for flat side down for another 2 minutes or until the steak reaches desired doneness.
7. remove from the heat and let sit on your serving plate for 5-10 minutes. cover the steak loosely with alfoil.
8. serve with roast potatoes and a salad.
recipe by @myfoodreligion