prep time: 10min
cooking time: 30 min
organic eye fillet
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp salt
2 tbsp pepper
1 tbsp dried rosemary
1. remove the eye fillet from the fridge and let it come to room temperature before cooking
2. preheat the oven to 180 degrees fan force
3. cover the eye fillet generously with olive oil, salt, pepper and rosemary. you want to ensure the entire steak is covered.
4. over a high heat on a bbq or heavy skillet, sear and brown all sides of the steak.
5. remove from the heat, place in a baking tray and roast in the oven. for medium rare, cook for 20 minutes, medium for 25 minutes and well-done for 30 minutes. this can vary depending on the size of the eye fillet.
6. once cooked to how you prefer, remove from the oven and place on a chopping board. loosely cover in alfoil and let sit for 10 minutes before slicing.
7. slice the meat and serve with steamed greens and/ or roast root vegetables of your liking and mustard. enjoy!
recipe by @myfoodreligion