cooking time: 6hrs
this recipe is free from gluten, grains, dairy and sugar.
3kg pork shoulder
1 tbsp ground cumin
1 tbsp smoked paprika
pinch chilli powder (optional)
5 garlic cloves, minced
2 brown onions, thickly sliced
1 cup broth/ stock
1. combine cumin, paprika and chilli powder. rub all over pork. rub garlic over both sides.
2. cover and refrigerate for min 2-4 hours (ideally overnight).
3. pre-heat oven to 140°C.
4. place onions onto a deep oiled baking tray. place pork on top. season. pour broth into the base of the tray. cover tightly.
5. cook in the oven for 6 hours or until pork pulls apart easily with a fork.
6. allow to rest, discard the rind and use two forks to shred meat.
7. spoon juices back over pork and mix through. serve with caramelised onions or chop to mix through pork.
serve on homemade burgers, sliders, burritos, tacos, salad bowls, with roast veggies, stuffed into a whole roasted sweet potato, with homemade coleslaw or served with your favourite sides.