rib fillet beef roast
cooking time: 1.15hrs
this recipe is free from gluten, grains, dairy and sugar
2kg certified organic, grass-fed rib fillet
extra virgin olive oil
3 sprigs fresh rosemary
3 sprigs fresh thyme
salt & pepper
6 cups root vegetables, chopped
1 bulb garlic
1 cup packed fresh flat-leaf parsley
1/4 cup packed fresh coriander
1 tbsp packed fresh oregano
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 tsp apple cider vinegar
1/2 tsp chilli flakes salt & pepper
1. preheat oven to 200°c.
2. bring beef to room temperature. rub beef generously with extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper.
3. in a frying pan sear on all sides over moderate-high heat until browned evenly.
4. transfer to a roasting dish with rack (or raise with thickly sliced root vegetables).
5. spread root vegetables and whole garlic cloves around beef. drizzle with extra virgin olive oil. 6. rub rosemary and thyme leaves over beef.
7. roast in the oven for 1 hour 15 mins (medium).
8. prepare chimichurri. pulse or finely chop herbs. add remaining chimichurri ingredients and mix to combine. set aside.
9. remove beef from the oven, cover loosely and rest for 20 minutes before carving.
10. carve thinly and serve with roasted vegetables and fresh chimichurri sauce.