roast leg of lamb
prep time: 10min
cooking time: 1.15hr
this recipe is free from gluten, dairy and sugar.
2.5kg leg of lamb
Zest of 2 lemons
Juice of 2 lemons
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup fresh rosemary, finely chopped
1/4 cup fresh oregano, finely chopped
1. combine lemon zest, juice, olive oil, garlic and fresh herbs.
2. place lamb in a glass container/bowl and cover well with marinade. Seal and refrigerate for
3. minimum 4- 6 hours (overnight - 24 hours will enhance flavours and tenderise meat).
4. pre-heat oven to 180’C. E
5. place lamb on a roasting tray and cook for 1 hour 40 mins or until cooked to liking (approx 20 minutes per 500g).
6. allow to rest for 15 minutes before slicing.