roast pork loin with macadamia and cranberry stuffing
prep time: 35min
cooking time: 1.45hrs
this recipe is free from gluten, dairy and sugar.
2kg boneless loin of pork, rind on
1 tsp olive oil
good quality sea salt
1/2 cup raw macadamias, chopped
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 small brown onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1/4 cup organic cranberries
1/4 cup sage leaves, chopped
2 cups paleo breadcrumbs
1. the night before, prep your pork. drying out the rind the day before will produce the best result for crackling.
2. remove pork from any packaging and dry well with a paper towel. score rind at 1cm intervals, approx 1cm deep (try not to cut through the meat). place in the fridge, uncovered overnight (or for approx 12 hours).
3. on the day of cooking, dry pork rind again with a paper towel and bring to room temperature.
4. pre-heat fan-forced oven to 200’C.
5. to make the stuffing, toast macadamias in a medium frying pan. remove from pan, set aside.
6. in a frying pan add oil, onion and garlic and sauté until soft. set aside.
7. in a mixing bowl combine macadamias, onion, garlic, cranberries, sage and breadcrumbs. scrunch to combine.
8. place unrolled pork on a flat surface, rind down. slice horizontally through the thickest part of pork, be careful not to cut all the way through.
9. press stuffing along the width of where you cut.
10. roll the pork up tightly and use kitchen string at regular intervals to secure.
11. rub rind with 1 tsp olive oil and a generous amount of sea salt, rubbing salt into scores.
12. place pork onto a roasting tray with a greased rack. roast for 1 hour 45 mins or until outside is golden and crisp.
13. once cooked to liking, allow resting before slicing.